Dirty dealings. Corporate battles. Consumer woes. Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Bank Negara announces new security measures against financial scams, including tighter fraud detection rules.
2. Astro Malaysia names Euan Daryl Smith as its new group CEO effective February 2023 as Henry Tan retires.
3. A bank officer confirms that RM2.08 billion was deposited into Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s AmBank private accounts.
4. CIMB Bank says lenders appear eager to provide financing to SMEs amid the economic recovery.
5. Genting Malaysia expects up to three additional rides at Genting SkyWorlds to be commissioned within 4Q22.